The philosophy of B.Sc. Mathematics is to inculcate in students a sense of enthusiasm for Mathematics; an appreciation of its application in different areas; and involve them in an intellectually stimulating and satisfying experience of learning and studying.
- To provide students with a broad and balanced foundation in Mathematics knowledge and practical skills in statistics and Computer Science;
- To develop students the ability to apply Mathematics knowledge and skills in the solution of theoretical and practical problems in Mathematics;
- To develop in students a range of transferrable skills of value in Mathematical and non-Mathematical related jobs;
- To provide students with knowledge and skills relevant to the pursuit of further studies in specialized areas of Mathematics or multi-disciplinary areas involving Mathematics;
- To generate, in students, an appreciation of the importance of Mathematics in the industrial, economic, environment, and social context.