WELCOME NOTE FROM BURSAR
Welcome to Bursary department, a very important component in the administration of the University. In the Bursary we are responsible for the management of the University finances. The basic function of the department includes:
1. Preparation of the operational and capital budgets of the University.
2. Keeping and maintaining the accounting records of the University.
3. To facilitate an appropriate mechanism for the recording of day to day financial transactions and expenditure control.
4. To prepare routine and statutory reports for the management and other stake holders.
The Department is divided into three (3) units namely as treasury, budget/budget control and management account.
We in the Bursary department discharge our assigned responsibility in line with the best accounting practice and with a clear virtue of prudence and accountability.
ADMINISTRATION OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Bursar is the administrative head of the department who oversee its day to day affairs, and is being assisted by the three heads of the units.
STAFF OF THE DEPARTMENT
1. Muhammad Rilwan Hussain HND (Accountancy) MBA (BUK) FCNA.
2. Bashir Nasir HND (Accountancy) CNA
3. Lawal Ibrahim (Burgamin Katsina) Professional Diploma (Acct & Audit)
4. Ibrahim N Hussain BSC(Accounting)
5. Abdulrashid Ibrahim Kurfi BSC(Accounting)
PROFILE OF MUHAMMAD RILWAN HUSSAIN (UNIVERSITY BURSAR)
EDUCATI ON BACKGROUND
He was born on September, 1958 at Zogarawa, Dawakin Kudu Local Government of Kano State. He attended Yargaya Primary School from 1967 to 1973, School for Arabic Studies, Kano from 1973 to 1977 where he obtained Grade II Certificate, School of Management Studies, Kano from 1978 to 1980 obtained National Diploma in Accountancy and also same school obtained Higher National Diploma in Accountancy and did his one year National Youth Service Corps at Plateau Investment Company Limited from 1982 - 1983. He attended Bayero University, Kano where he obtained Postgraduate Diploma in Management from 1992 to 1993 and Master in Business Administration from 1996 to 1998.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
• Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
• Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Nigeria (ICPAN)
• Nigeria Institute of Management Consultants (IMC)
PUBLIC OFFICE/WORKING EXPERIENCE
• Al-Qalam University Katsina
The Bursar is the Chief Finance Officer of the University. He is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
• Kano Agricultural Supply Company (KASCO)
Assistant General Manager (AGM) Finance
• Office of the Auditor General, Ministry of Education, Kano
Higher Executive Officer, Audit
Assistant Zonal Auditor