WELCOME NOTE FROM BURSAR
Welcome to Bursary department, a very important component in the administration of the University. In the Bursary we are responsible for the management of the University finances. The basic function of the department includes:
1. Preparation of the operational and capital budgets of the University.
2. Keeping and maintaining the accounting records of the University.
3. To facilitate an appropriate mechanism for the recording of day to day financial transactions and expenditure control.
4. To prepare routine and statutory reports for the management and other stake holders.
The Department is divided into three (3) units namely as treasury, budget/budget control and management account.
We in the Bursary department discharge our assigned responsibility in line with the best accounting practice and with a clear virtue of prudence and accountability.
ADMINISTRATION OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Bursar is the administrative head of the department who oversee its day to day affairs, and is being assisted by the three heads of the units.
STAFF OF THE DEPARTMENT
1. Muhammad Rilwan Hussain HND (Accountancy) MBA (BUK) FCNA.
2. Bashir Nasir HND (Accountancy) CNA
3. Lawal Ibrahim (Burgamin Katsina) Professional Diploma (Acct & Audit)
4. Ibrahim N Hussain BSC(Accounting)
5. Abdulrashid Ibrahim Kurfi BSC(Accounting)
PROFILE OF MUHAMMAD RILWAN HUSSAIN (UNIVERSITY BURSAR)
The University Bursar, Muhammad Rilwan Hussain has a Master in Business Administration from Bayero University, Kano in 1998. He was born in 1958 at Zagarawa, Dawakin-Kudu Local Government of Kano State. In 1982 he was at the school of Management Studies, Kano where he obtained Higher National Diploma in Accountancy.
He began his career as an Auditor in the office of Auditor General, Ministry of Education, Kano. Muhammad Rilwan Hussain also worked with Kano Agricultural Supply Company (KASCO) where he rose from the position of Chief Accountant to become the Managing Director.
He is also member of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN), Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Nigeria (ICPAN) and Nigeria Institute of Management Consultants (NIMC).