AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF ALHAJI AMINU DANTATA (CHANCELLOR)
Born on 19th of May, 1931 at Dala, Kano city, Nigeria.
Attending Dala Elementary School (now Dantata Memorial from 1938-1949. After completing my education, I began my career in business as produce buyer from 1949 and in 1951 as a Produce Manager in the family business (Alhassan Dantata and Sons Limited). In 1956 I became the District Manager in-charge of the then Sokoto Province. In 1959 became Assistant Manager Director and by 1960 became the Chairman and Managing Director up to date.
I was a member of the Steering of the Committee of the Nigerian Industrial Development Bank Limited and letter became one of its Directors from 1962-1966. I led or have been a member of several Trade Missions to various Overseas Countries, be it to the Eastern, Western World, the Far East and the Middle East on behalf of the Federal and State Government. I was elected a member of the Northern House of Assembly in 1961-1966 and was appointed a Commissioner in the Kano State Government from 1967-1973.
Following the promulgation of the Nigerian Enterprises Promotion Decree, I resigned in order to participate fully in Commercial and Industrial Development in the Private Sector.
I am a member of the Kano State Emirate Council from 1977-date.
I was a member of Assembly Drafting Committee for the Second Republic Constitution of Nigeria in 1979. I was awarded National and International Honours as follows:
• Commander of the order of the Niger (CON)
• Commander of the order of the National Republic of Niger (CONN)
• Honorary Degree of Doctor of Letters (D.Lit.) by Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU)
• Honorary Doctors of Laws (LLD) by Bayero University Kano (BUK)
• Honorary Degree of doctor of Business Administration (DBA) by Abia State University.
• Honorary Doctor of Letters of Imo State University, Owerri,
• Honorary Degree of Doctor of letters, by Usman Danfodio University, sokoto.
• Honorary Fellowship of the Nigerian Academy of Education, Kano Chapter.
• Honorary Advanced Diploma in Law by Aminu Kano College of Islamic & Legal Studies.
• Chairman Board of Trustees, Kano Foundation.
• Chairman, Islamic Forum of Nigeria.
• Chairman, Board of Trustees, Aminu Kano Memorial College, Kano.
• Proprietor, Dantata Memorial School, Kano.
• Life Patron, Nigerian Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and agriculture.
• Kano Chamber of Commerce, Industries, Mines and Agriculture.
• National Council of Nigerian Famers
• Nigerian Association of Scale Industries.
• Member Jama`atu Nasrul Islam.
• Nigerian Aid Group of Jama`atu Nasrul islam, Kano Branch
• Ahmadu Bello University Business Students Association.
• Gamji Memorial Club Bayero University, Kano.
• The Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors.
• Hon. Commandant Nigerian Security Civil Defense Corps
• Hon. Fellowship of Nigerian Institute of public Relations.
I have been associated with several reputable Commercial and Industrial Companies, Chairman or Director as per the following:-
1. Dantata Organization Limited
2. Dantata Investment & Securities Company Limited
3. Alhassan Dantata & Sons Limited
4. Alhassan Dantata & Sons Merchandise Limited
5. Bebeji Oil Mills & Allied Products Limited
6. Mentholatum Nigerian Limited
7. Dantata Motors Limited
8. Nigeria Sugar Products Limited
9. Northern Nigeria Flour Mills Plc
10. Raleigh Industries Nigeria Limited
11. Royal Exchange assurance Plc
12. Agro-Nutrient & Chemical Company Limited
13. Fertilizer Processing Company Limited
14. Express Petroleum & Gas Company Limited